The Orphans are calling – Are you listening?
- 1 in 5 children in South Africa are orphans.
- Orphans are more likely to be vulnerable to violence, abuse and exploitation
- Orphans usually live in extreme poverty
- Orphans suffer from stress and grief
- Most orphans have lost their parents through HIV/AIDS.
- Many orphans are HIV +
- Orphans have higher risks to poor self esteem, poor nutrition, lack of education.
Church fundraising groups are vital to spread the word of Bishop Simeon Trust and make a difference to these statistics. Much of our income is generated through the generosity of churches and their support groups. Whether you are a small church or have a huge meeting, we need you to partner with us to meet the challenges faced by those living in South Africa.
Spread the word of Bishop Simeon Trust and see how your church can get involved.
How you can help?
If you would like to support BSTrust there are a number of ways to do so:
- Back to school? 26-Aug-2014
- Challenges facing orphans and vulnerable children at school. 23-Jun-2014
- The Impact of HIV AIDS on families in South Africa 24-Mar-2014