The Orphans are calling – Are you listening?
- 1 in 5 children in South Africa are orphans.
- Orphans are more likely to be vulnerable to violence, abuse and exploitation
- Orphans usually live in extreme poverty
- Orphans suffer from stress and grief
- Most orphans have lost their parents through HIV/AIDS.
- Many orphans are HIV +
- Orphans have higher risks to poor self esteem, poor nutrition, lack of education.
Church fundraising groups are vital to spread the word of Bishop Simeon Trust and make a difference to these statistics. Much of our income is generated through the generosity of churches and their support groups. Whether you are a small church or have a huge meeting, we need you to partner with us to meet the challenges faced by those living in South Africa.